Gelman LLP provides a variety of high quality services traditionally associated with the “Big Four” firms along with the personal attention that is the hallmark of local firms.
The services provided by our professionals address the immediate and long-term business concerns and financial goals of our clients.
The services we provide include:
• Management, Business, and Entrepreneurial Consulting
• Litigation Support
• Personnel Recruitment
• Computer Systems Design, Implementation, and On-site Training
Auditing and Accounting
While other CPA firms might only be concerned with numbers and narrow accounting issues, at Gelman LLP, we focus on providing your company with valuable and relevant suggestions. We do more than just providing a historical snapshot of your business.
We offer a full and complete range of auditing services that can encompass necessary due diligence, technical research if required, investigation of internal controls, and varying levels of audit related services from compilations and reviews, to full audits whether financial, operational, or 401(k).
• Income tax preparation (individual, partnership, fiduciary, corporation, non-profit
• Business tax services (sales, payroll, property)
• Tax research and transaction structuring
• Corporate mergers, acquisitions, and reorganization planning
• Representation in tax audits and other tax disputes
• Assistance in buy/sell agreements
• Analysis of asset purchase or lease decisions
• Income tax planning and “what if” analysis
• Estate and succession planning
• Passive/active recharacterization planning
Area of expertise
• “C” and “S” corporations, partnership, FLP, and LLC services
• Construction industry taxation
• Real estate professionals
• Like-kind exchange transactions
• Tax planning through related entities
• Audit representation
• Professional service corporations and personal holding companies
• Strategic planning for utilization of tax losses and credits
• Multi-state taxation
• Alternative business structures
• Charitable giving
• Benefit plans including qualified plans and employee stock ownership plans
Client benefit provided
• We provide you with the analysis and information you need in times of business transition
such as acquisitions, sales, mergers, growth, reorganization, and downsizing.
• We work with you to design a comprehensive strategy for minimizing your tax burden and
increasing your profits.
• We help you weigh the options when structuring transactions.
• We help you choose the type of business entity that offers the best tax benefits.
• We help you balance the bonding and surety company demands for demonstrated
profitability and liquidity against ownership concerns for minimizing tax liabilities.
• Expert witness testimony
• Computation of damages
• Strategy development
• Arbitration consulting
• Document discovery
• Investigative auditing
• Deposition assistance
• Trial exhibit preparation
• Forensic accounting
• Rebuttal testimony
Area of expertise
• Business interruption; loss of earnings analysis
• Reconstruction of accounting records
• Breach of contract
• Embezzlement and fraud
• Partnership dissolution, profits distribution
• Contract costs
• Lost profits
• Tax consequences of settlements
• Construction claims
• Divorce proceedings, marital dissolution, and spousal support awards
• Damage computations
• Malpractice cases
Client benefit provided
• We work with you throughout the entire process to design, support, and implement a
coherent, cohesive, and consistent set of strategic facts and arguments which address the necessary financial, tax, and accounting concerns impacting your case.
• We support you in the request, analysis, and explanation of documents and supplemental
• We calculate damages and monetary risks.
• We provide you with articulate, effective, and professional representation.
• We research supplemental information to support your case.
• We will prepare the appropriate questions for you to ask deponents.
• We analyze and verify opposition’s damages and liability claims.
• We analyze tax consequences of settlement alternatives.